Docked Composer is a persistent utility bar that allows a user to continually use the app to complete tasks or gather information while expanding/collapsing a composer window.
BaseDesktop OnlyRequires ui:scrollerWrapper
About Docked Composer
The docked composer relies heavily on utility classes to piece together the layout so please pay close attention to the markup and classes.
The overflow menu for docked composer,
.slds-docked-composer_overflow, displays when the number of docked composers exceeds the width of the viewport. The overflow pill displays with a number indicator for all hidden docked composers. A user can invoke a popover with all available docked composers and replace the furthest left docked composer with the one being selected.
When a user clicks on the "pop out" icon in the
.slds-docked-composer__header, a modal displays and contains the task that was currently in the docked composer.
Overview of CSS Classes
- The CSS class being referred to.
- A description of what the class does.
- Whether the class name is dev-ready (meaning it's fully vetted and tested and safe to use) or prototype (which means it's not fully vetted yet).
- The selector that the class name is allowed to be used on.
- The base level pattern for a component. A variant can be extended to create another variant of that component, for example, a stateful button is a derivative of the base button.
- A single class that can be added to an HTML element of a component to modify its output. Typically these will be colors, sizing and positioning.